Think Hempy Thoughts, LLC is a brokerage and online marketplace for verified industrial hemp goods and other bio-based products that are third-party audited through our parallel company, Verified Life Cycle (VLC). Think Hempy Thoughts also offers consulting services and fulfills VLC’s marketing needs.
Internship position includes researching and interviewing industry professionals and writing weekly blogs to build Think Hempy Thoughts’ website content. Blog topics focus on both industrial hemp and sustainability.
Other day-to-day needs that may be requested include:
- Helping create, produce and edit YouTube videos and/or podcasts.
- Coordination and outreach for press releases.
- Streamlining and maintaining social media platforms.
- Increasing outreach for #ispyhemp campaign.
- Work experience or undergraduate work in science journalism or similar field of study
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Comfort with outreach to strangers
- Flexible work week schedule
- Creative with a willingness to learn
- Professional demeanor
- Positive attitude
- Ability to listen and deliver results within a given timeframe
- Access to a computer
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar field of study.
- Work experience in journalism, public affairs, or sustainability
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Working knowledge and track record of using social media platforms for business purposes including: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere
- Passion for and knowledge of sustainability topics and issues
Location: Lexington, KY area preferred or remote
Compensation: $8/hour starting at five hours/week with potential for ten hours/week based on performance and company need.
Think Hempy Thoughts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org